Open Source Template Engine
CV3 templates are powered by an open source template engine called Smarty. You can read more about Smarty at http://www.smarty.net, or get a quick intro to using Smarty templates to build your CV3 site in this article.
- Fast Load Times – pages load faster due to the dynamic chaching scheme employed by the engine;
- Security – provides e-commerce designers looping, variables and other necessary features while preventing malicious or accidental data destruction;
- Ease of Use – focus on HTML and CSS without the overhead of dynamic coding;
- Debugging – speed development with built-in debugging tools;
- Full Documentation – enjoy online resources and a user community that extend far beyond CommerceV3 or any particular proprietary product.
Integrated Staging Area
Preview all changes on a duplicate copy of your site. Make small changes or execute full redesigns in a fully functional area that doesn’t impact current site usage.
File & Image Libraries
Inventory-based binaries are handled in the CV3 product model, but each store also features file and image libraries to store design-related resources, including:
- branding images and other design-related images;
- PDF downloads, white papers and other customer downloads;
Define and organize simple name/value pairs for your site’s pages that can be maintained by non-technical users on a day to day basis. These tags are great for:
- welcome or status messages for customers;
- rotating e-mail addresses for confirmations and other site communications;
- monthly or seasonal site changes, from simple backgrounds to entire redesigns.
Visit our Customer Showcase for some examples of what you can do with CV3 Templates.