CommerceV3 (CV3) is a leading provider of high-end e-commerce web sites to multi-channel merchants. CV3 provides enterprise-level customization and integration while maintaining the security, scalability and affordability of a mass-market commerce platform.
CV3 is looking for a talented software engineer to help deploy, troubleshoot and optimize our e-commerce platform architecture. This individual will assist in maintaining a complex virtual infrastructure of server instances and load balancers that serve up a LAMP-based web application. Ideal candidates will have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, extensive deployment experience, and will be able to get up to speed quickly on our platform.
Job Description (Required Skills)
- Initiate, organize and execute work in a virtual team environment;
- Think broadly and consider the impact of change across diverse systems and organizations;
- Manage user account information and access control to network and application segments;
- Troubleshoot reported issues and resolve or project manage to resolution;
- Use command line tools (AWS tools, bash, etc.) to assess health and resolve issues;
- Use command line tools and scripting to automate tasks;
- Proactively analyse monitoring graphs and logs to identify potential issues and trends;
- Perform routine audits of systems to identify localized issues (disk usage, spikes, etc.);
- Perform periodic backup restoration data fidelity tests;
- Investigate, test, and apply relevant operating system updates and configuration changes;
- Identify and execute optimizations in both the application and the deployment infrastructure.
As a member of a self-starting virtual team, we are not overly concerned about specific tool sets; we are seeking an individual who maintains a conversant knowledge with a variety of emergent technologies. That said, it’s going to be hard to accomplish the tasks above without being able to work using our currently deployed technologies, namely PHP, MySQL, memcached, Amazon EC2, Amazon ELB and Git.
We realize we are asking for someone who is a combination of two very different things: a developer who embraces and creates new stuff, and a system administrator who tempers and manages all that new stuff the developer creates. Most organizations don’t combine the two skill sets like we are striving to do in this position, so we are flexible on the experience required for this position. In our minds it’s going to take 3+ years of relatively similar experience, and experience does impact the salary range.
CV3 offers competitive salary and a full list of benefits. CV3 is a virtual company, so applicants must be capable of working in their own environment to complete tasks, and available online to team leaders who manage customers from 8:30 to 5:30 EST. On-site work with fellow team members can occur for up to 2 weeks each year and is required.
If you or someone you know fits these requirements, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.